SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Office of Research Administration
Sponsored Programs Administration
Our Mission & Goals
The Office of Research Administration is committed to serve as the central resource for faculty, staff, residents and students by providing the financial and regulatory stewardship required in today's research environment.
Our mission is to provide administrative support to the Principal Investigators (PI's) in their pursuit of sponsored research, while ensuring compliance with University, federal, state, city and private sponsor regulations, terms and conditions.
We provide a wide range of services, including:
- Review and submission of proposals
- Just-in-Time submission
- Award negotiation and acceptance (alongside RFC)
- Establish accounts in the financial system (alongside RFC)
- Carryover and Budget Modifications (when sponsor approval is required)
- Progress Report submissions
- No Cost Extensions (NCE's)
- Liaison with sponsor on award issues and communications during the life cycle of an award
- Award close-out (non-financial)
- Grants education, training and outreach
This division works closely with investigators, department administrators and research staff to assist with budget preparation and works closely with colleagues in Finance & Administration and the Research Foundation Central Office (RFC) to support research projects throughout various stages in the lifecycle of an award.