SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
Office of Research Administration
Create IRBNet Account
Anyone associated with Downstate may create an IRBNet user name and password by following the instructions below:
- All members of the Downstate workforce MUST use their Downstate e-mail address when setting up their account.
Step 1: Create an IRBNet user account
- Go to www.irbnet.org and click the “New User Registration” link. Follow the online instructions. Complete all items with red asterisk (*).When asked to identify your “organization” type SUNY in the text box and then select “SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY”.
- Remember to click on the “Register” button in order to finalize your “New User Registration.”
- Press the “Continue” button on the “Registration is Complete” page and follow “Step 2” to activate your IRBNet user account.
Step 2: Activate your IRBNet user account
- After successful completion of “Step 1,” the User will receive an activation e-mail to the registered e-mail address.
- Sign-in to the e-mail account that you entered into the system and click on the link within that e-mail to activate your IRBNet account.
- You may begin using IRBNet as soon as activation is complete.
If you forget your password, follow the instructions on the web site.