Find A PhysicianHome  |  Library  |  myDownstate  |  Newsroom  |  A-Z Guide  |  E-mail  |  Contact Us  |  Directions

SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University

Office of Research Administration

Institutional Biosafety Committee

Helpful Links

Who can conduct research?

The principal investigator of a research study involving the use of human subjects must be a member of the faculty of Downstate Medical Center. Students doing human subject related studies must have a member of the faculty serve as principal investigator. The principal investigator will assume full responsibility for the study.